CSS, Inc. seeks an exceptional individual to provide remote sensing and geospatial coordination and technical support for the West Coast region. The successful candidate will support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Office for Coastal Management (OCM). The position will be located in Oakland, CA, Seattle, WA, or Portland, OR.
The successful candidate will serve as the West Coast regional geospatial coordinator assisting in the development and implementation of regional activities, coordinating and directly providing geospatial technical assistance and leadership in the region, and participating in other GIS and remote sensing projects.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the list below:
- Identify partner needs and requirements inform the development of NOAA OCM products and services
- Support product development as expressed by regional partners and leads, including NOAA products Coastal Change Analysis Program (C-CAP) land cover data and trend information; sea-level rise visualization tools; topographic and bathymetric data; MarineCadastre.gov; Digital Coast; and the creation and analysis of geospatial data and maps
- Respond to geospatial technical assistance requests and coordinate and share information with other technical staff members outside the region
- Develop case studies of applications, and provide technical assistance in transferring these, of NOAA data, tools, or training to address specific coastal management outcomes
- Develop contextual maps, such as ESRI's story maps, that will be hosted on the Digital Coast website
- Participate in relevant geospatial and regional work groups . This includes participating in regional geospatial work groups; assisting with coordination of state and federal mapping and application efforts; developing geospatial tools, information, and regional data coordination work; and providing technical assistance
- Coordinate projects and programs in the region with a focus on helping coastal states and communities make informed decisions for the use of their lands and waters
- Identify relationship-building opportunities and develop partnerships in coordination with the West Coast team and other National Ocean Service and NOAA regional programs
- Manage Coastal Geospatial Services Contract (CGSC) task order as needed to support regional geospatial initiatives
Regular travel throughout the region is required as well as to Charleston, South Carolina, and Silver Spring, Maryland.