Entry Level Scientist to support air exposure studies at the US EPA Research Traiangle Park, NC facility.
General responsibilities include:
- Perform portions of applied scientific activities relative to the research, design and modification of lab and field projects under the direction of experienced professional and scientific personnel.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of data utilized for the determination of needs, requirements and operations for (test) project design and support.
- Perform other technical activities, as necessary.
Field Site responsibilities will include:
- Visual inspection of air quality measurement devices
- Data retrieval
- Instrument troubleshooting (if necessary)
- Clear documentation of all inspections and troubleshooting activities in the field notebook
- Strict adherence to safety rules and proper use of PPE
- Following protocols according to program QA standards
Data processing responsibilities will include:
- Data download to PC
- Preliminary data validation, using Excel spreadsheet templates
- Data review summary reports
Communications-related responsibilities will include:
- Download and handling of raw data files
- Completion of data validation spreadsheets
- Data summary reports
- Transcription of field notes