Essential Duties: The successful applicant will conduct research in support of the Coastal Aquaculture Siting and Sustainability (CASS) Program headquartered at the NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science (NCCOS) laboratory in Beaufort, North Carolina. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting development of marine spatial planning research and products related to screening and siting of aquaculture in coastal waters of the U.S.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Development of custom geoprocessing tools and data models to support high-end spatial analysis, data analytics, and visualization applications to support decision making
- Perform geospatial and geostatistical analyses
- Organize and input data into databases, maintain accurate detailed records of observations, measurements and results
- Write reports and peer review journal articles
- Set and meet deadlines for completion of work in timely manner
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to other relevant projects as directed