NOAA National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science needs program coordination support within its Headquarters Office located in Silver Spring, MD. This position will support the Program Coordination and Communication (PCC) Branch in advancing NCCOS’ mission and goals. The PCC Branch assists NCCOS’ Leadership Team with coordinating NCCOS’ Science and Research activities as well as formulating NCCOS’ research and budget priorities. In summary, the successful candidate will support a wide-variety of program planning and coordination activities for NCCOS PCC, which will in turn support NCCOS leadership.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act (HABHRCA) Support
- Coordinate and support NCCOS’ contribution to the Interagency Working Group on the HABHRCA. Provide support for the NCCOS Director, co-chair
- Support the development of HABHRCA related policies and support the drafting of reports to Congress.
- NOS Science Board Coordination
- Support leadership from NOS to collaborate and engage more fully on addressing some of the most pressing coastal and marine issues affecting our country. Work directly with the Chair of the NSB to set the agenda for the group.
- Support Program Planning, Evaluation, and Budget Formulation.
- This includes routine development, tracking and reporting of NCCOS contributions to Annual Operating Plan milestones, performance measures and accomplishments.
- Support Program Coordination and Communication Branch Chief, NCCOS Director and Deputy Director in program planning, out year programmatic and budget planning and evaluation process, including routine evaluation of NCCOS contributions to performance measures and in responding to agency, inter-agency and Congressional information requests.
- Support NCCOS Science Divisions in the planning and execution of external annual programmatic reviews.
- Additional Programmatic Responsibilities.
- Support Program Coordination and Communication Branch Chief in carrying out special projects and in support of the NCCOS Director and Deputy Director as assigned including development of presentations and staffing of meetings and workshops.
- As needed, provide back-up support for other members of the Program Coordination and Communications branch.