- Perform set up, calibration, and operation of environmental sampling and analysis equipment to provide air monitoring and support to operations at fixed site and field site locations. Air monitoring staging areas require heavy lifting and maneuvering hand carts/hand trucks in order to safely transport equipment and consumables.
- Provide air monitoring and sample collection using DAAMS and MINICAMS, and perform laboratory analyses using GC. Samples could potentially contain toxic chemicals, microbiologicals (pathogenic and non-pathogenic), toxins, radioactive materials, explosives/pyrotechnics, and other substances.
- Operations may require use of personal protective equipment such as suits and masks as well as safety gear such as steel toed boots and protective eyewear.
- Independently diagnose and troubleshoot equipment failures and perform minor repairs as required to continue operations.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance and repairs on environmental sampling and analysis equipment.
- Strict adherence to documented environmental sampling and laboratory analytical procedures, including exceptional safety practices, and highly organized data/records management.
- High school diploma.
- Relevant experience working with laboratory methods, techniques, protocols, safety regulations and protective equipment.
- Relevant experience working with gas cylinders, generators, regulator hookups, and vacuum pumps.
- Experience with operating ATVs and Gators as well as towing a trailer.
- Previous experience successfully working in a variety of environmental conditions such as humidity, rain, and below freezing temperatures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills plus proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Must be able to pass a medical physical including a respiratory test for wearing a protective mask.
- 40-hour HazWoper trained is preferable
- Must possess a valid U.S. state issued Driver’s License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed