CSS is recruiting for a full-time Data Debriefer to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), in Falmouth, MA.
The Government has a requirement for collection of data by the Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), Fisheries Sampling Branch's (FSB), NEFOP, ASM, and IFS as required by the Northeast Region's fishery management plans and as mandated by the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act and the Sustainable Fisheries Act.
The Data Debriefer will work closely and cooperatively with the FSB to provide timely review of trip data as well as applying codes to data fields as necessary prior to passing paper logs to data entry clerks for keypunching or prior to flagging trip data requiring review by data auditors.
Duties will include:
- Contractor shall review/edit electronic data uploads and raw data logs for completeness and accuracy within established timelines (i.e., 45 days from date land of NEFOP trips, 30 days from date land of IFS trips and seven days from date land of ASM trips).
- Contractor shall contact observers to verify inconsistencies and solve data recording problems as needed.
- Contractor shall maintain records on individual observers to be used in assessing overall data quality and schedules observer debriefings as necessary.
- Contractor shall complete evaluations of each observer’s work on a per trip Submit weekly reports on editing progress to lead data debriefer.
- Contractor shall keep the lead data debriefer, data processing lead and data managers informed of important and serious data recording issues.
- Contractor shall assist with routine audits and checks on trip data prior to the trip being loaded to the observer database.
- Contractor shall assist with preparations for Observer Trainings including observer exercises, homework assignments, workshops, quizzes, exams and presentations as needed.
- Contractor shall carry the after-hours phone during the week and weekend for after-hours observer assistance on a rotating schedule.
- Contractor shall deploy as needed on shadow trips, trip trainer trips and probation/priority (Data Quality) trips.
- Contractor may be assigned periodic regional outreach events.
- Participates on research cruises aboard NOAA research vessels.