CSS is recruiting for a full-time Fisheries Trip Accounting Editor to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), in Falmouth, MA.
The Fisheries Trip Accounting Editor coordinates the activities of observers and vessels to ensure accurate reporting, and performs the initial collation of data.
Duties will include:
- Check in paper logs and samples that are received daily from fisheries observers and monitors.
- Compare cursory trip information with electronic data uploads sent in by observers and monitors, making corrections if necessary.
- Check vessel declaration codes to ensure that preliminary electronic data uploads are submitted properly by observers.
- Track electronic data uploads and paper logs (NEFOP, ASM and IFS) to confirm that all trips are received as required. Confirm accurate electronic uploads. Alert observer, monitors and FSB staff when trips need to re-uploaded due to upload errors.
- Scan vessel safety checklists that are received with each trip.
- Distribute paper logs and age structure samples to data debriefers or appropriate staff.
- Distribute supplies to observers and monitors as needed including trainings and refresher trainings.
- Prepare photocopies of trips along with a data release request for review by FSB staff prior to mailing to vessel owner(s).
- Assist with assigning sea days for observed trips based on declaration codes, gear types and fisheries.
- Maintain inventory of FSB paperlogs and submit requisitions for duplicating service to the Government Printing Office (GPO) to replenish certain logs required for upcoming trainings and to support observers in the field and other printing requests (i.e. pamphlets, tags, etc.).
- Contractor shall deploy as needed on shadow trips, trip trainer trips and probation/priority (Data Quality) trips.
- Contractor may be assigned periodic regional outreach events.
- Participates on research cruises aboard NOAA research vessels.