CSS is recruiting for full-time Data Auditors to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), in Falmouth, MA.
The Data Auditor will work closely and cooperatively with NEFSC to write and implement tests to be run on data as well as making corrections to the data as necessary prior to making the data available for end users.
Duties will include:
- Contractor shall assist with monthly data audits and tests.
- Contractor shall assist with pre- and post-load data checks, including the development of new checks.
- Contractor shall conduct research on nature of database errors and make recommendations for corrections.
- Contractor shall perform database queries designed to identify individual error projects.
- Contractor shall perform as project lead as requested with other contracted staff on specific error related projects.
- Contractor shall assist data processing staff as needed with associated tasks, including occasional informal data requests.
- Contractor shall update original data logs to ensure consistency and accuracy of data.
- Contractor shall assist with database migration projects and any associated research.
- Keeps data processing lead, area leads and data quality lead informed of important and controversial data, data quality and compliance issues.
- Contractor shall assist with manual changes by reviewing and commenting on changes as they relate to observer protocols.
- Contractor shall assist in the tracking of certification of newly trained observers.
- Contractor shall review boarding reports sent in by observers, following up for additional information as needed and track completion prior to making available to Observer Program staff.
- Contractor shall assist in the tracking of priority trips, late trip submissions and training trips and notify appropriate Observer Program staff of pending issues as needed.
- Contractor shall track observer certifications and contact information in SQL database tables.
- Contractor shall document changes to observer protocols as they arise.
- Contractor shall assist in the training of newly hired Data Debriefers
- Contractor shall assist with other data quality projects and data editing, when requested.
- Contractor shall deploy as needed on shadow trips, trip trainer trips and probation/priority (Data Quality) trips.
- Contractor may be assigned periodic regional outreach events.
- Participates on research cruises aboard NOAA research vessels.
- Contractor shall provide observers with guidance for data quality improvement when necessary by providing feedback.