CSS is recruiting for a full-time Data Entry Clerk to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC), in Falmouth, MA.
The Data Entry Clerk keypunches data from paper logs after they are reviewed by data debriefers, run checks on the data and corrects keypunch errors as necessary.
Duties will include:
- The Contractor shall accurately & efficiently enter values from paper fisheries observer logs into a proprietary computer system.
- The Contractor shall meet Observer Program milestones of entering trip data within 60 days of date land of trip.
- The Contractor shall enter data related to pingers on gillnet trips within 60 days of date land of trip.
- The Contractor shall assist with the tracking of age structure samples by comparing number of samples with values entered in tracking database table.
- The contractor shall keep the team leaders informed of progress and any issues encountered.
- The contractor shall work with team leaders to verify inconsistencies and solve data recording problems as needed.
- The contractor shall assist with routine audits and checks as needed.