CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into five core competencies and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 30 years of corporate experience. Our core competencies include Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, Natural Resources Management, and Transportation Safety & Security.
Join our team! CSS is now hiring a Staff Scientist II in Durham, NC to support one of our largest contracts. An ideal candidate must have the following requirements below.
M.S. or Ph.D. in ecotoxicology, entomology, botany, microbiology, or related life science, with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
• Review and evaluation of published and unpublished data on pesticides and other chemicals of environmental concern for compliance with Federal regulations, including data requirements for pesticides under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
• Review of ecotoxicology studies on pesticides and other chemicals of environmental concern.
• Preparation of reports summarizing results from various Test Guideline studies on conventional, biochemical and microbial pesticides, and assessment of study adequacy and the impact of the study findings on pesticide registrations or proposes uses.
• Statistical analysis of toxicity findings
• Data audits and quality assurance reviews of reports prepared by other scientists.
• Use of toxicology and exposure data in the development of risk assessments.
The successful candidate should have
• A thorough understanding of experimental design and analysis, including experience in the statistical evaluation of experimental data;
• Good organizational skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in the preparation and editing of technical reports in clear standard English; and
• Proficiency in the use of MS-Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.