Join our team! CSS is seeking Assistant Program Managers/Technical Managers candidates to support environmental research contracts. CSS is recruiting for several positions in MD, NC, OH, OR, TX and VA. This position is a client site position and the Assistant Program Manager/Technical Manager must be present.
An ideal candidate must meet the following requirements.
Responsible for on-site scientific research support delivered across multiple work assignments/task orders. The research encompasses a wide range of subjects related to the environment.
• Interacts with federal scientific staff to finalize, implement, monitor, and evolve work and staff
• Serve as the primary point of contact for contract technical issues and provide technical oversight of tasks
• Serve as a work assignment/task order manager in area of scientific expertise
• Receive technical direction issued by the client
• Work with technical staff in reviewing assignments and preparing work plans and budgets in response to work assignment/task order requests
• Prepare or review QAPPs and SOPs and other QA documents prepared by the technical team
• Review H&S Plans prepared by project team
• Meet with PM to make sure that the work assignments/task orders remain on-task as client research goals and objectives evolve over time
• Review technical reports for compliance with the technical direction received from the client
• Review work plans and budgets prepared by work assignment/task order managers and forward with comments to the PM for review and submittal to the client
• Track costs and hours for each work assignment/task order over each period of performance to make sure they are on track with client-approved costs and hours
• Coordinate with the client and CSS managers to keep all work on track and all deliverables submitted within the agreed upon milestones
• Provide oversight and support to work assignment/task order managers to staff positions on their respective work assignments/task orders
• Involved with recruitment of new staff and recommends hires to the PM of scientists, engineers, and other professionals
• Coordinate training of new hires with work assignment/task order managers and provide oversight of training requirements and tracking
• Assist in correcting employee performance and resolving personnel conflicts
• Identifies and resolves risks.
• PhD or Master’s degree in a scientific or civil/environmental engineering field
• 5-10 years of work within an environmental research laboratory environment
• 10 years or more of technical management experience across a diverse range of staff to include scientific, engineering, and GIS/IT disciplines
• Certified Project Management (PMP) desirable.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.