CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into five core competencies and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 30 years of corporate experience. Our core competencies include Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, Natural Resources Management, and Transportation Safety & Security.
Join our team! CSS is now hiring an Electrician in Merritt Island, Florida.
Associates Degree or completed apprenticeship in Electrical - Must have a Journeyman’s license combined with relevant work experience of 5-10 years in industry or commercial service. Demonstratable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc). Bend conduit and knowledge of 3-phase wiring and motors. Experience maintaining an emergency generator.
The primary function of the Electrician is to perform a variety of electrical within and around a research park and research facility. Work involves multiple areas, including property and equipment maintenance, and preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Applicable safety practices, regulations, and building and electrical codes;
• Low to moderate voltage equipment and Square D switch gear;
• Methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in electrical maintenance and repairs;
• OSHA, Best Practice Safety Standards, and EPA spill requirements;
• Computer equipment/systems, i.e., MS Office and online work order systems.
Electrician must be able to be on call and work evenings and weekends, if needed. Regular attendance is essential.
Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
Must demonstrate excellent work habits, good judgment and exemplary customer service skills. Must be able to apply, understand and carry out oral and written directions in English.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to all safety protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and wearing protective equipment as required;
• Inspect buildings, equipment, and grounds to determine electrical conditions needing maintenance and repair work;
• Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems;
• Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for building systems;
• Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.);
• Maintain emergency lighting, exit signs, and emergency generator;
• Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components;
• Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them;
• Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.;
• Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units;
• Utilize portable power tools and standard hand tools;
• Manually update building drawings when modifications have been made and coordinate electronic updates with CAD tech;
• Estimate and record time and material needed and used for work assignments;
• Request for needed tools, equipment, supplies and materials to perform assigned tasks;
• Monitor expenditure of supplies and control inventory of equipment and tools;
• Respond to emergency repair requests.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance and repairs;
• Understand and follow instructions and communicate effectively;
• Manage time and meet deadlines;
• Be creative developing solutions and recommendations;
• Work independently or as part of a team.
Routinely required to lift or move twenty five (25) to one hundred (100) pounds, constantly stoop bend, crouch, and crawl; work with hands and arms raised above the head, grasp materials and equipment with both hands, and climb ladders and stairs, work in lifts up to 100 feet from the ground.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.