CSS is hiring a Biologist to join our Team! CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into five core competencies and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 30 years of corporate experience. Our core competencies include Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, Natural Resources Management, and Transportation Safety & Security.
Role: Support the Ecotoxicology Branch by coordinating and participating in field efforts to collect water, sediment, and biological samples from various coastal sites in the United States. Maintains estuarine organism cultures and laboratory seawater system. Familiar with the collection of water quality data using various hand-held and field deployed water quality instruments. Operates 17-25 ft boats in fresh, estuarine, and ocean waters, and assists in the maintenance of such boats. Assists staff in daily laboratory tasks as assigned. Enters data into Excel and other computer programs. Assists staff in writing and review of results in reports and scientific publications.
• Assist in the collection, maintenance and husbandry of estuarine organisms used for toxicological testing.
• Provide support for toxicological testing in laboratory and estuarine mesocosm projects.
• Provide support for small vessel operation and maintenance to multiple NOAA partners.
• Maintain compliance with NOAA Small Boat Operations program.
• Maintain water quality instruments.
• Support sample tracking and logging, data entry into electronic databases, and general laboratory support such as glassware preparation.
• Manage and maintain laboratory safety records that include standard operating protocols, monthly safety reports, and chemical inventories.
• Contribute to data analysis and reporting as assigned.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.