The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the development of marine spatial planning research and products related to screening and siting of aquaculture, renewable energy, and other blue economy and conservation activities in coastal waters of the U.S. This will be a remote position and will require the ability to work effectively with a team of scientists from remote locations.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
• Development of custom geoprocessing tools and data models to support high-end spatial analysis, data analytics, and visualization applications to support decision making
• Perform geospatial and geostatistical analyses
• Organize and input data into databases, maintain accurate detailed records of observations, measurements and results
• Write reports and peer review journal articles
• Set and meet deadlines for completion of work in timely manner
• Work collaboratively in a team environment and contribute to other relevant projects as directed
• MS Degree plus 4 – 8 years of relevant experience required or BS degree plus 10 years of experience.
• Background in marine science is preferred and experience supporting NOAA or BOEM is highly desirable.
• Automation of data preparation, workflows and spatial processing
• Proficient in the methods, practices and techniques of advanced spatial modeling, including raster and vector analysis and cartography
• Knowledge of Python, including various packages and modules
• Knowledge of geometric networks
• Proficient with ArcMap 10.X, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online
• Ability to maintain focus on routine and repetitive tasks
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to be flexible in responding to changes in schedules and job priorities
• Able to work in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some long days and infrequently on weekends
• A valid US driver’s license
• Experience with basic computer programs such as excel and word
• Able to work in the US without sponsorship
CSS is predominantly a Federal Contractor and is subject to following the terms of Executive Orders. CSS requires all Employees (Direct, Indirect, government, state, and commercial), including employees working from home/remotely, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the CSS HR Department.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.