CSS, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position, contact HR@CSS-Inc.com or call 703.691.4612.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use this form to do another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
CSS is seeking a facilities maintenance technician in support of NOAA’S Hollings Marine Laboratory in Charleston, SC. This is a full-time position with generous health and welfare benefits. CSS is an employee-owned company committed to the long-term success of our employees. We provide training, professional development, and participation in the employee owned stock plan.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine, daily inspection and maintenance to laboratory building exterior/interior
- Perform a variety of tasks in connection with laboratory operational maintenance, repair and construction. Tasks will support scientific research activities including building scientific support, operational laboratory support, as well as overall facility operations.
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair, and construction in the building maintenance trades, such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, carpet, and mechanics.
- Receive goods and materials and check them against purchase orders and delivery documentation to ensure accuracy and proper condition of merchandise.
- Maintain shelving in clean and orderly condition.
- Inspect properties and communicate with management regarding proper grounds keeping and general cleanup and maintenance.
- Perform daily grounds keeping; inspect outside of Distribution Center areas, insure disposal areas are kept clean and in a safe condition.
- Maintain accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, and Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and eliminate any hazards.
The Chemist will provide various levels of data validation for methods including but not limited to radiochemistry, VOCs, SVOCs, metals, cyanide, PCBs, pesticides, herbicides, TCLP analyses, general chemistry parameters, dioxin/furans, PCB congeners, and biological and chemical agents. In addition, the chemist will prepare and review QAPPS and sampling plans, provide guidance and convey instructions for collection of samples. Work will involve providing occasional assistance outside normal working hours, including weekends and evenings.
The Chemist will provide various levels of data validation for methods including but not limited to radiochemistry, VOCs, SVOCs, metals, cyanide, PCBs, pesticides, herbicides, TCLP analyses, general chemistry parameters, dioxin/furans, PCB congeners, and biological and chemical agents. In addition, the chemist will prepare and review QAPPS and sampling plans, procure laboratory services, provide guidance and convey instructions for collection of samples. Work will involve providing assistance outside normal working hours, including weekends.
The Chemist may also be required to assist in the field in the Emergency Response On-Call Program as an “on-call” responder available 24hrs a day for a week at a time and maintain preparedness for immediate mobilization while on-call. This could include use level of D-A PPE to make entries into potentially hazardous areas and setting up a lab for the field samplers and providing guidance on methods at odd hours.