CSS, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. If you need an accommodation due to a disability to use our online system to apply for a position, contact HR@CSS-Inc.com or call 703.691.4612.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use this form to do another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
The Web Services and API Developer will provide on-site support to the customer in delivering web-based dashboards that allow decision makers access to actionable information about chemicals in order to meet specific customer needs. The dashboards consolidate information from disparate sources as collections of flexible, visual widgets, where individual widgets synthesize information according to user specifications. Widgets will then be combined into user-specific dashboards, where user partners can customize the information displayed to support diverse decision-making tasks. This role will have overall technical responsibility for the design, configuration, and implementation of multiple web services and APIs using RESTful design principles that will be self-documenting and self-discoverable. The Web Services and API Developer will develop these APIs and web services in a modular architecture format to permit existing modules to be re-used across multiple application implementations and will document the design and implementation techniques/strategies in the client’s instance of Atlassian Confluence.
The Web Services and API Developer will be expected to work collaboratively and effectively with client staff and contractors, and they will be required to broker communications between client parties for multiple data sources to develop the required web services and APIs required for the web-based dashboards.
Specifically, the Web Services and API Developer will:
- Support existing web applications and support the customer with respect to back-end design, architecture, and documentation;
Drive the design and implement updates and additions to existing web services ensuring proper design, structure and frameworks;
Embed in the application development teams and focus on the design and documentation of Web Services and APIs;
Assist in the preparation of specifications and other activities requiring knowledge of Web Services and API principles and techniques;
Interpret requirements and perform analyses to ensure that objectives are met;
Collaborate with developers at all levels and disciplines; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Several Program Manager opportunities available to lead ground-breaking scientific and technical programs on contract with the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Locations include MD, SC, and FL. The Program Manager will manage employees with a wide range of technical expertise such as oceanographic sciences, geospatial analysis, coastal resource management, information technologies, meteorology, and social science and economics. Staff are distributed on and off government locations or work remotely across the US and US territories.
- Comprehensive program management to include oversight of all technical and financial elements
- Manage day-to-day operations including quality control, scheduling, staff assignments, budgeting and cost monitoring
- Developing all program communications, and company and customer reports
- Ensure compliance with all contract, federal, and company programs and policies
- Workforce management including recruitment (position descriptions, screening and interviewing, selection and negotiation), time and expense oversight, performance evaluations and professional development, and coordination of work with federal leads
- Identification, selection, and oversight of subcontractors and consultants
- Serve as a company liaison within and outside of the contract
- Develop and support business development activities, including technical writing, pricing, and recruitment
- Requires frequent travel
Recruiting for site assessment and emergency response personnel nationwide to support Superfund Technical Assistance and Response Team (START) contracts
- Perform as a member of the START emergency response team (ERT) providing the EPA client with accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques
- Duties will include rotations as an “on-call” responder available 24hrs a day for a week at a time
- Willingness to participate in the Emergency Response On-Call Program and maintain preparedness for immediate mobilization while on-call.
- Use level D-A PPE to make entries into potentially hazardous areas
- Calibration and maintenance of a variety of multi-media monitoring and sampling equipment.
- Document field activities and prepare daily and final reports for EPA client
- In-field multimedia sampling
- Assist with the writing of technical documents and plans
- Provide timely task status reports and other required reports to Project Managers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned