Click column header to sort
CSS is hiring a Facilities Custodian to join our team! CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
- Empty trash containers daily. Miscellaneous trash around the general area of the trash cans shall be picked up and removed each time the can is serviced.
- Clean stairs and sweep building entrances and steps. Pick up litter in parking lot and exterior gathering places.
- Spot clean entrance door glass.
- Clean and disinfect all exterior touchpoints.
- Dust mop, wet mop and/or sweep/vacuum non-carpeted floors.
- Vacuum carpets to be debris free.
- Clean drinking fountains and eyewash stations.
- Polish stainless steel railings and decorative stainless steel architectural detail below 7’ in common areas.
- Clean mirrors, refill soap dispensers, refill paper products dispensers.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, toilets and urinals. Service or replace urinal deodorizing screens according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Dust common areas 7’ and below.
- Perform carpet cleaning
- Cleaning tasks include, but not limited to; HEPA vacuuming floors and ceilings, pulling tacky mats, clean walls, windows, doors, wipe equipment and furniture, and replenishing cleaning supplies
- Work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 5 AM - 1:30 PM
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested
Join our team! CSS is seeking Assistant Program Managers/Technical Managers candidates to support environmental research contracts. CSS is recruiting for several positions in MD, NC, OH, OR, TX and VA. This position is a client site position and the Assistant Program Manager/Technical Manager must be present.
An ideal candidate must meet the following requirements.
Responsible for on-site scientific research support delivered across multiple work assignments/task orders. The research encompasses a wide range of subjects related to the environment.
• Interacts with federal scientific staff to finalize, implement, monitor, and evolve work and staff
• Serve as the primary point of contact for contract technical issues and provide technical oversight of tasks
• Serve as a work assignment/task order manager in area of scientific expertise
• Receive technical direction issued by the client
• Work with technical staff in reviewing assignments and preparing work plans and budgets in response to work assignment/task order requests
• Prepare or review QAPPs and SOPs and other QA documents prepared by the technical team
• Review H&S Plans prepared by project team
• Meet with PM to make sure that the work assignments/task orders remain on-task as client research goals and objectives evolve over time
• Review technical reports for compliance with the technical direction received from the client
• Review work plans and budgets prepared by work assignment/task order managers and forward with comments to the PM for review and submittal to the client
• Track costs and hours for each work assignment/task order over each period of performance to make sure they are on track with client-approved costs and hours
• Coordinate with the client and CSS managers to keep all work on track and all deliverables submitted within the agreed upon milestones
• Provide oversight and support to work assignment/task order managers to staff positions on their respective work assignments/task orders
• Involved with recruitment of new staff and recommends hires to the PM of scientists, engineers, and other professionals
• Coordinate training of new hires with work assignment/task order managers and provide oversight of training requirements and tracking
• Assist in correcting employee performance and resolving personnel conflicts
• Identifies and resolves risks.
The Contract Specialist will provide administrative support to the management and administration of all contracts in the company. They will work closely with Program/Project Managers and technical staff to support project needs, while ensuring compliance with contract requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
- Support all contract types to include: Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Reimbursable (CPAF, CPFF, CPIF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) task order and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Review and negotiate Teaming Agreements and NDAs.
- Manage the subcontractor process to include reviewing and issuing requests for proposals; reviewing subcontractor proposals and required procurement documents; drafting, issuing, and negotiating subcontracts, task orders/work authorization, purchase orders and modifications.
- Serve as lead contract negotiator.
- Work with the Contracts Administrator to set up new contracts/subcontracts and maintain subsequent modifications.
- Support contract and subcontract closeouts.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with government contracting officers and other government personnel.
- Manage and assist project staff with the procurement process – prepare RFQs, evaluate bids and issue Purchase Orders.
- Support the development and preparation of complex pricing proposals in response to RFP requirements, including profitability analyses.
- Ensure maintenance of detailed pricing documentation files to support future inquires or audits.
- Champion contract policy and procedure development, revisions and improvements
Perform other related duties as assigned.
CSS is seeking a full time Senior Database Engineer to support client requirements in Durham, NC. CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
The Senior Database Engineer will have overall technical responsibility for the design, configuration, implementation of multiple MySQL master DBMS and its replicas using MySQL Enterprise. The Senior Database Engineer will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) by providing hands-on expertise and thought leadership to ensure successful DBMS activities for database optimizations, schema versioning, data versioning techniques/strategies, and automated ETL operations, as well as detailed and thorough documentation to support such activities.
Additionally, the Senior Database Engineer will support existing MongoDB NoSQL data stores and provide assistance with on-going data store development in a cluster environment across multiple nodes.
The best qualified candidate will:
- Support existing MySQL databases within the current DBMS, and provide direct support for DBMS database optimizations, schema versioning, and data versioning techniques;
- Design, implement and optimize data models utilizing new and existing databases within the environment to include installation and configuration;
- Design, configure, implement and document MySQL database clusters using MySQL Cluster CGE;
- Install, test, and configure latest versions of open-source PostgreSQL DBMS within a multi-node cluster configuration;
- Support MongoDB NoSQL data stores; develop and maintain data stores in a cluster environment across a multi-node environment;
- Perform installations, configurations, and necessary support for MySQL Enterprise Edition operations in prototype and production environments;
- Fully participate in application development teams by leading and/or participating in designing, testing, and documenting highly optimized data models for a wide variety of use cases;
- Provide responsive diagnostic support to correct processing anomalies found within the data environments;
- Review product owner requirements and specifications, and perform necessary analyses to ensure objectives and requirements are fully met;
- Support the team’s leadership in providing inputs to project resource estimates, scheduling, cost estimates, and technical reports, to include quality assurance reporting
- Provide assistance for specification preparation and other activities requiring a deep knowledge of data management principles and techniques;
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely technical documentation in support of DBMS activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
CSS is seeking two Technical Support Liaisons for The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF's) field programs and activities. CSS is a professional and technical services provider to government and commercial clients. Our services are organized into four business lines and several cross-cutting services that we have cultivated through our 32 years of corporate experience. The four business lines are Earth, Space & Life Sciences, Emergency Response & Disaster Recovery, Environmental, Safety & Health, and Natural Resources Management. We provide competitive compensation and benefits package for our employees.
Through its National Coastal Resilience Fund (NCRF) and related program work along coasts of the U.S. (including the Great Lakes, and US Territories), NFWF invests in restoration of natural systems that enhances habitats for fish and wildlife while helping to protect coastal communities so they may recover more quickly from the impacts of storms, floods, and other natural hazards. Selected applicants will:
- Provide support for NFWF applicants and grantees engaged in advancing the use of nature-based features to improve coastal resilience and associated NFWF grant programs.
- Help to advance the goals of the NCRF and increase the number and size of qualified applicants to the program.
- Develop and implement a work plan designed to maximize the outcomes of the NCRF, which aim to provide dual benefits to human communities and fish and wildlife habitats.
Selected candidates will provide support for one-year (with the option to renew for an additional year) and report to the Manager of NFWF’s NCRF.
- Assist applicants in developing high quality proposals that are aligned with NFWF’s priorities.
- Help communities design and move towards large-scale implementation projects.
- Help troubleshoot grant implementation.
- Facilitate communication and development of networks among grantees to encourage shared learning.
Program Manager responsible for comprehensive management of on-site scientific research-based contract, supervising more than 50 multi-disciplinary staff across multiple task orders. The Program Manager work locations include but not limited to are Virginia, North Carolina, Washington, DC, Ohio, and Texas. This position is a client site position and the Program Manager must be present.
Serve as primary liaison between CSS employees and team members, university partners, CSS management, and the government CO, COR, and client task order managers.
- Interact with federal scientific staff to finalize, implement, monitor, and evolve work and staff requirements.
- Develop task order cost estimates, key milestones and schedules.
- Ensure program performance compliance with plans, reports, deliverables, and schedules.
- Supervise all contract staff, providing guidance and direction in assigned areas.
- Identify and resolve risks.
- Coordinate recruitment of new staff.
- Maintain all corporate financial records, participate in budget preparation and execution, and manage the contract to maximize efficiencies.
- Initiate and participate in business development within the contract, and for other efforts within
CSS is hiring a Scientist or Engineer for our Site Assessment and Emergency Response Team.The Scientist or Engineer will provide nationwide support to the Superfund Technical Assistance and Response Team (START) contracts
- Perform as a member of the START emergency response team (ERT) providing the EPA client with accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, procedures, and techniques
- Duties will include rotations as an “on-call” responder available 24hrs a day for a week at a time
- Willingness to participate in the Emergency Response On-Call Program and maintain preparedness for immediate mobilization while on-call.
- Use level D-A PPE to make entries into potentially hazardous areas
- Calibration and maintenance of a variety of multi-media monitoring and sampling equipment.
- Document field activities and prepare daily and final reports for EPA client
- In-field multimedia sampling
- Assist with the writing of technical documents and plans
- Provide timely task status reports and other required reports to Project Managers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
CSS seeks an exceptional individual to provide GIS data management and technical support to the MarineCadastre.gov project in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA), Office for Coastal Management (OCM).
The successful candidate will serve as a Geospatial Data Analyst for MarineCadastre.gov assisting in the development, maintenance, and integration of new and/or updated data for the web site. The individual will work with a team responsible for data published on the MarineCadastre.gov site and its associated applications (National Viewer, Data Registry, ESPIS, OceanReports). The position helps ensure the data are published in a timely manner and functioning properly.
This is opening is for one (1) full-time position located in Charleston, SC.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in a small team of policy and data analysts to manage, analyze, and distribute data products to the public
- Work directly with subject matter experts and data owners to assess the viability of data products for analysis and distribution
- Use a range of data visualization tools and data science techniques to support the translation of data and science to policy and public users
- Aid in the development, integration and maintenance of data products at a national scale
- Apply scripting techniques to build data pipelines, visualize data, and integrate within a federal cyberinfrastructure
- Use varied data structures, storage, and quality control techniques for over 400 unique data products ranging from very small to multi-terabyte in size
- Troubleshoot the use of data products in the government’s client applications such as the MarineCadastre.gov National Viewer, Data Registry, and OceanReports
- Work with office IT, Data Engineers (DBAs), and application developers in deploying new data products using on-site and Azure platforms
- Respond to client needs and requirements as directed by the team
- Communicate requirements to the project and application development teams
Join our team! CSS is now hiring an Chiller Technician in Exploration Park, Florida.
- Must have 5 years’ experience working on Chillers and Cooling Towers
- Must have a Florida Journeyman’s license or able to get within 6 months.
- Must have 5 years’ experience on Building Automation Systems (BAS).
- Knowledge working on Boilers would be preferable.
- Must have mechanical skills to rebuild pumps and motors. (Bearings and Seals).
- Strong knowledge on trouble shooting electrical controls issues.
- Must be capable of climbing extension ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods of time.
The primary function of the Chiller Technician is to perform highly skilled maintenance, service, repair and troubleshooting work involved with industrial HVAC systems. HVAC work may be performed in a number of areas including but not limited to; heating, air conditioning, refrigeration and large facility equipment operation. Work involves the technical application of HVAC principals to control systems and a laboratory research environment. Understanding of basic electrical and wiring in a commercial building setting. Possess the skills to safely work with different voltages (24VAC,120VAC, 277VAC, 480VAC, DC voltages) and be able to implement all necessary safety procedures.
• Applicable safety practices and regulations used in HVAC activities;
• Methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in HVAC maintenance and repair functions;
• OSHA, Best Practice Safety Standards, and applicable EPA compliance;
• Duct, VAV boxes, AHU, FEF, Boilers, BAS Control System, Growth Chambers;
• Static pressure, specialized laboratories, clean room environments
• Building drawings and blueprints;
• Computer equipment/systems, i.e., MS Office and online work order systems.
Chiller Mechanic must be able to be on call and work evenings and weekends, if needed. Regular attendance is essential.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance and repairs;
• Understand and follow instructions and communicate effectively;
• Manage time and meet deadlines;
• Be creative developing solutions and recommendations;
• Work independently or as part of a team.
CSS is currently recruiting a Certified Industrial Hygienist to provide industrial hygiene services for our Federal government clients.
- Candidates should also have experience in performing independent evaluations of work environments and industrial processes (e.g. thermal stressors, noise, toxicology, biohazards, ergonomic) involving potentially hazardous environment conditions, analysis of findings and provide recommendations of corrective measures (e.g. non‐engineering controls and engineering controls).
- Candidates should also have experience in performing industrial hygiene assessments (e.g. ergonomic, ventilation, noise surveys/dosimetry) using and calibrating industrial hygiene equipment, and familiarity with sampling techniques for standard chemical and physical hazards.
- The positions require team-oriented professionals with strong organization skills, as well as excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- The position requires approximately 30% travel to client sites located both within and outside of the United States.